ULC Services Provide:
- Lively, enriching discussions between members
- Professional development opportunities that feature experts both from within and outside the ULC community
- An annual innovations showcase that shares and celebrates “best” and “next” practices
- Distinctive award programs that honor individual library leaders, staff and trustees as well as civic and government leaders
- High-octane convenings that catalyze in-depth exploration of critical issues
- Publications that provide knowledge and tools to strengthen the value and relevance of public libraries in their communities
Fine Free MapUse the Resource
ULC created an interactive map to help you understand and learn from libraries that have gone fine free.
Free ToolkitsView All Toolkits
ULC offers a wide range of resources collected into area-specific toolkits, ranging from education, digital equity, anti-racism and more. Currently, ULC offers the following toolkits:
- Building Equity: Amplify Summer Learning Toolkit
- Building the STEM Workforce: Quickstart Toolkit
- Closing the Entrepreneurship Gap: Tools for Libraries
- Digital Equity Toolkit
- Digital Navigators Toolkit
- Trigger Terms: Harmful Detours and Healing Redirects
For more information on the initiatives that each of these toolkits support, explore "Our Work."
InnovationsUse the Resource
ULC's Innovations Initiative promotes innovations across ULC libraries, garnering national and international recognition for our library innovators and the integral role they play in building thriving communities.
Member GroupsUse the Resource
Staff in member libraries are encouraged to join ULC Member Groups to connect with their peers and share challenges, concerns, insights and innovations. These members-only groups are a hallmark of ULC’s commitment to facilitating the exchange of ideas and programs between leading libraries across North America.
Member Knowledge ExchangeUse the Resource
ULC's Member Knowledge Exchange makes it easy for our members to build relationships and share transformative tools and ideas with ULC library leaders across North America.
PublicationsUse the Resource
ULC creates a variety of leadership briefs and publications that disseminate cutting-edge knowledge and analysis on topics that are critical to the continued transformation of libraries as community change agents and problem solvers. ULC publications are intended to advance knowledge within and beyond the library community.
Student Success AcceleratorUse the Resource
ULC's Student Success Accelerator showcases public libraries across the United States that are pioneering a national approach that brings local elected officials, school and library executives together and their collective resources for student learning.
This Week at ULC NewsletterUse the Resource
Each week, ULC distributes an e-newsletter to members that includes current news and information about ULC programs, high-level news about individual member libraries and information about cutting-edge research and field initiatives that are relevant to 21st century library practice.
Trigger Terms: Harmful Detours and Healing RedirectsUse the Resource
Addressing key trigger terms in the current media, social and political climates, ULC’s Harmful Detours and Healing Redirects framework is designed to help leaders grow alignment, surface misunderstandings and find paths forward through difficult conversations.