ULC members will always be afforded the opportunity to:
- Learn from the brightest minds and expertise. ULC’s monthly, professional development webinar series features leading practices presented by experts from around the world as well as experts within the ULC community who share their experiences and offer solutions on topics that are important to the library.
- Stay on top of emerging trends and creative solutions. The annual Innovations Initiative and Awards Programs showcase the creative ways library executives are enhancing operations and programs to address the challenges and issues they face each and every day. Each year’s submissions (in entirety) are available to members so they can adapt leading practices.
- Access a comprehensive knowledge base of peers. Members are able to connect and engage with peers through an online discussion platform.
- Build and strengthen relationships. ULC events enable members to connect with leaders in the library field and key executives in public and private sectors.
- Access unparalleled learning opportunities and resources. ULC produces timely publications that address key issues for library executives and civic and local government leaders. Most recently, Maximizing the Library-Foundation Partnership, Libraries Igniting Leadership, Library Leaders Owning Leadership and Civic Engagement: Stepping Up to the Civic Engagement Challenge were released.
To inquire about joining ULC and the benefits of membership, please contact Katherine Behrens, 202-750-8652.