ULC's Going Forward from the Pandemic is an unprecedented effort to mobilize ULC's entire member community to establish new models, techniques and approaches that can help all libraries lead their communities into a stronger post-pandemic future.
This initiative's work is being led by six action teams, comprised of over 90 total leaders from ULC libraries, who are focused on identifying immediate ways that all libraries can overcome key challenges in the COVID-19 era. Use the links below to learn more about the work of these teams.
ULC Executive Board Statement: Going Forward from the Pandemic
On April 21, 2020, the ULC Executive Board issued this statement to ULC members to announce the launch of the Going Forward from the Pandemic initiative.
- The ULC Executive Board identifies the need for ULC libraries to join forces at a greater scale than ever before to address the issues of COVID-19.
- The ULC Executive Board issues a statement to all ULC members, announcing the Going Forward from the Pandemic initiative.
- Leaders from ULC's member community join the ULC Executive Board for a Member Summit to kick off the Going Forward from the Pandemic initiative.
- ULC issues an initial call for recommendations for the initiative's action teams.
- ULC finalizes the initial roster of action team participants.
- The Atlantic highlights the initiative in a spotlight on "The Post-pandemic Future of Libraries."
- The Philadelphia Tribune highlights the initative in a spotlight on "How libraries are moving ... toward reopening."
- Four of the six action teams begin to meet and advance their work, including the teams focused on Digital Inclusion, Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses, Partnering with Schools and Race and Social Equity.