More On Edge
Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the group of leading library and local government leaders released Version 1.0 of the Edge Benchmarks – the driving force behind the Initiative - in January 2013.
In addition to the Benchmarks, which are now in print form and will soon be available as an online assessment tool, participating libraries will get so much more. Take a look at the Edge Toolkit.
The organizations that make up the Edge coalition include:
- Library support organizations, American Library Association Office for Information Technology Policy and Public Library Association, LYRASIS, Urban Libraries Council, and OCLC-WebJunction;
- The State Libraries of California, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas;
- Two university-based research groups from the University of Maryland and University of Washington;
- Local government support organization, International City/County Management Association;
- TechSoup Global, an organization that provides technology support throughout the nonprofit sector; and,
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.