Thank you to ULC member libraries for their submissions to the 2013 Innovations Initiative. We look forward to showcasing and sharing your work on our site this summer. Cheers to the great work your teams and partners do each day.
Each year, ULC invites its members to submit examples of the innovative programs, services and operating practices that showcase their ability to keep pace with change and expand opportunity for people of all ages. By collecting and showcasing these innovations, ULC deepens the knowledge base for other libraries and spotlights the essential role of public libraries in building vibrant, sustainable communities.
Each submission is included in the ULC Innovations resource center. By participating, libraries:
- Contribute to the ULC knowledge base from which all members draw;
- Disseminate new ways of working to libraries throughout North America;
- Demonstrate to local government and other leaders the value that libraries provide in strong communities; and
- Increase local and national media awareness of the 21st century public library.
Libraries that receive a Top Innovator Award gain:
- National recognition;
- Support for local media outreach; and
- A means to demonstrate the value of their work with local decision-makers.
A panel of independent judges selects a Top Innovator in each category. Top Innovators will be announced at ULC’s Annual Forum on Thursday, June 27.