Back Office Operations
Miami-Dade Public Library System
Innovation Leader: Georgina Del Valle, Automated Services Administrator, email@example.com
Problem StatementThe Library wanted to automate back office business processes that, when automated, would allow staff to gain efficiencies and perform additional tasks. Library Staff was spending time manually gathering information for reports and monthly statistics when a system could be created to automatically create the reports and validate data entry thus
reducing data entry errors relating to manual entries and allowing staff additional time to perform detail reviews and corrections.
InnovationLibrary staff submitted technology projects and upper management prioritized the list approximately four years ago. Since that time development staff has been executing from the project list and have automated the following back office processes:
- Online Supply Ordering system – staff are able to enter orders and track the process of procurement and delivery while having their budget accounts updated making reconciliation a much easier process.
- Maintenance Work Order system – this system allows staff to enter maintenance problems and requests for services and track the progress and closure of the requests including open work orders.
- SMART Program system – this system assists the SMART manager to enter participant information and to track the progress.
- Room Reservation system – this system is utilized by all branches with conference rooms to track requests and requestor information.
- Monthly Statistics system – this system allows branch staff to enter information directly into the database instead of having the information emailed to one person for processing.