Questions? Please contact ULC's Robert Shalett, 202-750-8650.
- Learning Labs in Libraries and Museums: Transformative Spaces for Teens - Learn how the 24 Learning Labs grantees applied new research about young people’s media practices to create physical and digital spaces for learning. This publication describes lessons learned, new models and practices and the impact of Learning Labs, supported by IMLS and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- Connected Learning (Summary) - Connected Learning Research Network study funded by MacArthur Foundation
- Connected Learning (Full Report) - Connected Learning Research Network study funded by MacArthur Foundation
- Digital Media: New Learners of the 21st Century - Produced for PBS by National Productions and Mobile Digital Arts, with major funding from the MacArthur and Pearson Foundations and additional support from Cisco Networking Academy and Adobe, this film explores how educators are increasingly using digital media and interactive practices to ignite their students' curiosity and ingenuity, help them become civically engaged, allow them to collaborate with peers worldwide and empower self-directed learning.
- "Educate to Innovate" - The White House
- Learning Science in Informal Environments podcast from the National Academies of Science (MP3) - Informal science is a burgeoning field that operates across a broad range of venues and envisages learning outcomes for individuals, schools, families and society. This podcast looks at what how and where informal science learning takes place and the benefits it can provide to all people.
- Museums Afterschool: Principals, Data and Design - The Exploratorium, a science museum in San Francisco, has been leading a network of 13 informal learning providers in developing and researching approaches to providing high quality informal science experiences in after-school programs.
- Re-Imagining Learning in the 21st Century - MacArthur Foundation
- Spotlight on Digital Media and Learning (blog) - MacArthur Foundation
- Using Digital Media to Extend the Classroom Beyond School - video on MacArthur Foundation's website
- "When Youth Own the Public Education Agenda" - Huffington Post article by Mimi Ito
- Resources For Youth Digital Media Learning - YOUmedia.org
- VOYA - Voice of Youth Advocates, the library magazine serving those who serve young adults
- YOUmedia Chicago: Reimagining Learning, Literacies and Libraries: A Snapshot of Year 1 (May 2011)