2014 Urban Player Award
Thank you to our members for nominating their community's library supporters for this year's ULC Urban Player Award. It is an honor and inspiration to see the vast support and networks our members have built and continue to grow within their neighborhoods, states and library colleagues across the nation. The ULC Urban Player Awardee and their Library Director will be notified in late May 2014. We look forward to celebrating this summer.
ULC's annual Urban Player Award recognizes civic leaders and advocates for public libraries.
For the 2014 ULC Urban Player, ULC seeks the nomination of an outstanding civic leader whose work with local government, funders, business and others elevates the essential role that public libraries play in driving community well-being. Nominees for the 2014 ULC Urban Player Award may include library trustees, commission members, Foundation and Friends Group members, elected or appointed local government officials and other civic/community leaders.
The ULC Urban Player Award was established in 2001 to honor civic leader and former chair of ULC’s Executive Board, Betty Jane Narver, a long-time Seattle leader.
Questions? Contact Robert Shalett, 202.750.8650.
Past ULC Urban Player Awardees include:
- Susan Adkins, Trustee, The Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Lucy McCoy, Library Champion, Los Angeles Public Library
- James E. O’Donnell, Esq., President, The Directors of the Bridgeport Public Library & Reading Room
- John W. Hill, President, Board of Library Trustees District of Columbia Public Library
- Jean Brady, Chair, San Antonio Public Library Board of Trustees
- Josephine Bryant, City Librarian, Toronto Public Library
- Fontayne Holmes, City Librarian, Los Angeles Public Library
- Lynn Lockwood, Assistant Director, Baltimore County Public Library
- Carlton Sears , Director, Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County
- Samuel Morrison, Director, Broward County Library