About the Joey Rodger Leadership Award
The ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Award provides a CEO/director or senior manager of a ULC member library with an opportunity to strengthen his/her skills through a structured professional development undertaking. The award may be used to attend an established leadership development program or pursue an individualized program that involves working with a leadership development expert/mentor. The recipient of the 2015 ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Award will be invited to share lessons from his/her experience with ULC members through the ULC website, e-News Weekly, or other programs.
The Joey Rodger Leadership Award was established in 2004 to honor ULC’s first full-time chief executive officer and president, Eleanor Jo “Joey” Rodger. The award pays tribute to Rodger’s dedication to leadership in the public library and her support of library leaders.
Past ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Awardees include:
- Paula Brehm Heeger, Service Operations Manager, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Edward Melton, Chief of Branches, San Francisco Public Library
- Lisa Wells, Assistant Director for Library Services, Pioneer Library System
- Corinne Hill, Executive Director, Chattanooga Public Library
- Cindy Lombardo, Deputy Director & COO, Cleveland Public Library
- Tony Tallent, Director of Literacy & Learning, Richland Library
- Asante Cain, Reference & Adult Services Coordinator, Grand Rapids Public Library
- Hampton M. “Skip” Auld, Director, Durham County Library
- Norice Lee, Mngr., Dorris Van Doren Reg. Branch, El Paso Public Library
- Debbie Moss, Assistant Director, Orange County Library System
- Anne Masters, Assoc. Director for System Services, Pioneer Library System