Joey Rodger Leadership Award
ULC's Joey Rodger Leadership Award offers directors or senior managers an opportunity to develop their leadership skills.
The ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Award, in the amount of $5,000, provides a CEO/director or senior manager of a ULC member library with an opportunity to strengthen his/her skills through a structured professional development undertaking. The award may be used to attend an established leadership development program or pursue an individualized program that involves working with a leadership development expert/mentor. The recipient of the 2015 ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Award will be invited to share lessons from his/her experience with ULC members through the ULC website, e-News Weekly, or other programs.
The ULC Leadership Award enables the recipient to advance his/her knowledge and skills to be a high-performance leader in the 21st century with emphasis on these themes:
- The qualities and characteristics of transformative leadership in the 21st century;
- The risks and rewards of public sector leadership today;
- Developing an organizational culture of leadership, including the stewardship of tomorrow’s leaders;
- Exercising powerful leadership inside the library and outside in the community; and
- Leading through stories that demonstrate the impact of libraries on the well-being of people and communities.
Apply Now >>
Joey Rodger Leadership Award Guidelines >>
Deadline to Apply: Monday, August 31, 2015
The ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Awardee will be notified in mid-September.
Email all nominations to: email@example.com
Please include a signed letter of support from the Library Director. If the applicant is the Library Director, please include a letter from a Library Trustee/City Official.
The ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Award honors ULC’s first full-time chief executive officer and president who served the organization from 1992-2004, overseeing its expansion as the premier North American membership association for leading public libraries.
Questions? Contact ULC Member Programs Executive Katherine Behrens, 202-750-8652.
Past ULC Joey Rodger Leadership Awardees include:
- Paula Brehm Heeger, Service Operations Manager, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Edward Melton, Chief of Branches, San Francisco Public Library
- Lisa Wells, Assistant Director for Library Services, Pioneer Library System
- Corinne Hill, Executive Director, Chattanooga Public Library
- Cindy Lombardo, Deputy Director & COO, Cleveland Public Library
- Tony Tallent, Director of Literacy & Learning, Richland Library
- Asante Cain, Reference & Adult Services Coordinator, Grand Rapids Public Library
- Hampton M. “Skip” Auld, Director, Durham County Library
- Norice Lee, Mngr., Dorris Van Doren Reg. Branch, El Paso Public Library
- Debbie Moss, Assistant Director, Orange County Library System
- Anne Masters, Assoc. Director for System Services, Pioneer Library System